Chef Nick Mateus created this recipe for Meet Your Maker in 2018.
Yield: Four Servings
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts
- 3 tsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 200ml canola oil
- 10-12 red and yellow bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 50ml lemon juice
- 150ml white balsamic vinegar
- 300g vegan sun-dried tomato pesto (store-bought or make your own)
- 1 tsp red chili pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp capers, drained
- 480g Peperonata Sauce
- 960g dried linguine
- 80g kale, torn into bite-sized pieces
Prepare Kale, Kholrabi & Carrot Slaw
- Prepare the Vegan Parmesan. Place cashews, nutritional yeast, sea salt and garlic powder in a blender. Blend into a powder and set aside.
- Prepare the Peperonata Sauce. Heat oil in a medium-sized sauté pan and sauté onions and peppers until soft.
- Add balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, pesto, chili pepper, garlic powder and capers to the sauté pan. Stew for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Bring pasta water to a boil and cook according to package instructions. Put kale into the boiling water with the pasta during the last minute of cooking.
- Drain pasta and kale and toss with Peperonata Sauce. Top with Vegan Parmesan and enjoy!
Vegan Parmesan can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three weeks!