Chef Taniya Khanna created this recipe for Blueberry Fest in 2017.
Yield: Twelve Servings
½ cup pecans
1 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
12 ounces blueberries (about 2 cups)
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
¼ cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
2 tbsp milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, for 10-15 minutes until fragrant and slightly darkened. Let cool.
- Pulse pecans in a food processor until the consistency of coarse meal. Add flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon and pulse just to combine.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal with a few pea-sized pieces remaining.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with 4 tbsp ice water and mix, adding another tablespoonful of water if needed, just until mixture comes together.
- Gently pat dough into a 6" diameter disk. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss blueberries, cornstarch, lemon juice, and ¼ cup sugar in a large bowl.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12" round. Carefully transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mound blueberries in center of dough, leaving a 2" border. Fold edges over, overlapping slightly.
- Brush dough with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake galette until crust is dark golden brown and filling is bubbling, 45–50 minutes. Let cool before serving.
NOTE: Galette can be baked 1 day ahead. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.