You don't have to have a bag of movie theatre popcorn delivered to you. You can make your own homemade popcorn, no packaged microwave popcorn, stove, or air-popper required. All you need is a paper lunch bag, popcorn kernels, oil and seasonings.
This budget-friendly healthy snack is perfect for movies or studying - light, crunchy and satisfying (and full of fibre too!). Top it with your favourite oil and get creative with seasonings.
Yield: 3 servings
1 brown paper lunch bag
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
2 tbsp oil (such as olive oil)
Seasoning of your choice (salt, pepper, Tajin, garlic powder and Nutritional Yeast are all tasty options)
- Place popcorn kernels in brown paper bag
- Fold top of paper bag down twice to ensure popcorn stays in bag
- Place bag in microwave on high for 2-2.5 minutes
- Remove bag from microwave and pour popped popcorn in a bowl
- Top with oil and seasonings