Job Title: Counter / Kitchen Helpers – UBC Food Services Student Workers
Wage: $16.15 per hour.
Term: September 6, 2022 until mid-December or April 30th.
Students must commit for an entire semester (preferably the entire school year) including being available during the exam period, with the exception of their actual exam times. Students are responsible for all shifts they have committed to.
Schedule: Retail units: majority of shifts are to cover lunch time (from 11:00 AM-1:30 PM)
Residence units: (Totem, Vanier, Orchard Commons): for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Shifts are an average of 3 hours per day, an average of 12 hours per week
or less. Note that shifts times and days may be altered.
Job Duties may include some or all of the following:
· Serving customers and displaying Guest Appreciation/Customer Service skills
· Cash handling (retail units only)
· Assisting food service workers with tasks as requested
· Preparation work in kitchen and/or at counter (portioning, plating, wrapping, packing, coffee making, sandwich making)
· Replenishing food counter, refrigeration units, condiment areas as required
· Bussing tables and maintaining recycling/sort it out station
· General clean up duties
· Other related duties
Qualifications & Skills:
· Must be a UBC student currently enrolled full time in UBC courses.
· International students are welcome – but must have a social insurance number (or proof of application for a S.I.N) and a valid student visa allowing candidate to work in Canada.
· Experience in food services and cash handling is preferred. Foodsafe certificate preferred.
· Must have strong customer service skills.
How to Apply:
- Email your resume to email@example.com
You can also bring a copy of your resume to the specific unit that you are interested in applying to. For Residence dining units, preference is given to students living in the unit. Please also watch for the posting on the central bulletin board.
Note that the majority of hiring will take place the first two weeks of September.