Enter the Beyond the Plate recipe video contest today to win great prizes!
What’s in it for me?
Just by submitting your recipe video, you will be entered into a draw for three great prizes, valued up to $50 each!
If you are selected as one of the five finalists, you will receive the follow prize pack:
- $100 gift card for Save-On Foods
- $40 gift card for PlantSome
- Eat More Plants – a cookbook by Registered Dietitian Desiree Nielsen
Plus, you’ll be interviewed to tell us more about your recipe, parts of which will be included in the Beyond the Plate Showcase videos!
How do I enter the competition?
1. Record a 2-3 minute (or less!) video showing us how to make your recipe.
2. Upload your video to YouTube (see below for some useful how-to links!).
3. Submit your recipe video, and tell us how the recipe connects with the Thrive 5, five evidence-based ways to foster and maintain good mental health! Considering sharing this in your recipe video as well.
4. Make sure to include your recipe video link in the submission form!
You must be a current UBC student to enter the contest and be able to pick up your prize on campus.
How do I make a video?
VEED is a popular online video editing software/website – it’s free to try for videos up to 10 minutes in length (we’re only asking for less than 3 minutes!).
Here is a video that shows you how to upload to YouTube.
And if video editing just isn’t your thing, use this as a chance to connect with friends or others in your community who might want to help out!
What are you looking for?
Judges from across campus will select five finalists based on:
- student-friendliness (a.k.a. easy to prepare & budget-friendly)
- emphasis on plant-based ingredients
- connection to at least 2 of the Thrive 5+
- originality (and potential taste) of the recipe.
- quality and clarity of video/recipe instructions
Recipe videos will be accepted until February 24th, 2021.
Submit your recipe video. We want to see it!
Find more information on nutrition topics below or talk to a dietitian!
Mental Health Resources
Find more information on mental health below!
Find a dietitian!
Dietitians in Your Area
Find a local dietitian to help guide you on your journey with food. Dietitians are experts in all things food and nutrition!
Talk to a Dietitian for FREE!
Live in BC? Speak to a dietitian for free about any nutrition related concerns by calling 8-1-1
live in residence?
Ask a Question
No time to meet up? Students in residence can email our Registered Dietitians with food or nutrition questions.