Moving out on your own is a big step! There are a lot of things to think about including cooking for yourself. If the kitchen is not your happy place, we’ve got your back with this list of tips, ideas, and recipes to help make feeding yourself a little less intimidating.
Grocery shop on a budget
- A trip to the grocery store doesn’t have to break the bank, check out these tips on how to save money on your groceries!
- This infographic is a great place to start if you are looking for a comprehensive guide to nourish yourself on a budget. It even includes a few easy recipes at the end.
- Navigating a grocery store can be confusing! Let nutrition students guide the way on a free Grocery Store Tour. You will even get 10% off your groceries at the end!
Get the right tools
- Not sure what knife to use? Chef Brad will guide you on the only 3 knives you’ll ever need
- Check thrift stores, Craigslist, or ask family and friends for essential kitchen utensils and tools
Cook meals from scratch to save $
- 4 tips to cook for yourself
- 12 no fuss breakfasts you can make at home
- 4 tips to ace lunch
- 15 convenient kitchen staples
- 11 prep day ideas
- Easy recipe and chef tips videos
Reduce food waste
- Help your wallet and the environment with these tips on reducing food waste