November 28, 2023
12:00pm - 2:00pm
Marine Drive Ballroom
Join us for some baking fun and help fundraise to support our community. Celebrate Thrive Month with some giving, gathering and eating well.
Get ready for the Great United Way X Thrive Bake Off! At this inaugural event, 13 UBC bakers will showcase their culinary skills—while making a difference in our community. Join us for free hot chocolate, cool beverages, treat tasting (with donation), and a chance to determine the winning baker, along with our celebrity judges.
Meet the celebrity judges
- Lauren Tjoe, Sauder School of Business Alumni, Season 6 Winner (2022) of the Great Canadian Baking Show
- Andrew Parr, Associate Vice-President, Student Housing & Community Services
- Colin Moore, Director, UBC Food Services
- Andy Chan, Executive Sous Chef, UBC Food Services
- Seymour the Sea Otter, United Way Mascot
Join us as a taster
Enjoy some delectable creations, meet our judges, and vote for the People’s Choice Award! Interested? Register here.
We thank our suppliers Snow Cap and Saputo for their generous support!
- Bring your mug for a Free hot chocolate or cool beverage.
- To be a taster, donate $5 online or onsite. Donate today!
- Meet and Greet with your Not Myself Today (NMT) Ambassador. NMT is a way for UBC workplaces to engage with and contribute to Thrive.
We hope to see you there!
More Events You'll Like
Never Miss Out
Sign up for deals, discounts, special events and tips on how to eat well to perform well.