We normally celebrate the blueberry season at the UBC Bookstore Plaza with everything made with BC blueberries - from pancakes to scones, cookies and tarts. UBC Executive Sous Chef, Andy Chan, is the master recipe creator for our annual UBC Blueberry Fest.
This year, Chef Andy is sharing two favourite recipes — Blueberry Power Cookies and Blueberry Lemon Tarts.
Follow the baking video below to make the Blueberry Power Cookie, the full recipe is further down this page. Baking's not your thing? Pick some up at Harvest Market and Mercante on campus throughout July. More baking and cooking demos to come during #GoBlueBC.
Yield: 9 Large Power Cookies (12 small)
- 160g flour
- 110g quick oats
- 110g sun dried blueberries
- 75g dark chocolate chips
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 35g hemp seeds
- 30g brown sugar
- 30g dried coconut ribbons
- 5g baking powder
- 3g baking soda
- 3g salt
- 110g molasses
- 60ml grapeseed oil
- 75ml soy milk
- 70ml water
Use a stand mixer with paddle attachment
- mix all dry ingredients together.
- reserve a pinch of each, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and coconut ribbons for topping
- add molasses, grapeseed oil, soy milk and water to dry ingredients
- mix for 2 min, batter will seem watery at this point, let stand for 30min*
- pre-heat oven to 325F
- scoop batter onto baking tray lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with reserved seeds and coconut ribbons.
- bake for 20min
*can be prepared overnight for baking in the morning.