Chef Chelsea Ashcroft created this recipe for Meet Your Maker in 2017.
Yield: Four Servings
½ butternut squash
1lb brussels sprouts (10–14 pcs)
2 yellow or candy cane beets
1 granny smith apple
4oz goat cheese
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup dried cranberries
½ lb baby kale (or any mixed green)
2 tbsp olive oil
pinch of dry thyme
salt and pepper
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp olive oil
Prepare Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Peel and seed butternut squash, and dice into 1/2” pieces.
- Peel beets and cut into wedges.
- Remove stem from brussels sprouts and cut in half.
- Combine vegetables in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Roast vegetables on a parchment- or foil-lined pan for 15 minutes, or until soft. Remove from pan and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl toss pumpkin seeds with 1 tsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place on a parchment or foil-lined pan and roast 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and cool to room temperature.
- Combine all ingredients in a lidded mason jar and shake until emulsified.
- Halve the granny smith apple and remove the core. Slice thinly.
- Toss kale, apples and roasted vegetables with dressing in a large mixing bowl.
- Top with dried cranberries, toasted pumpkin seeds and goat cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!